Language and English
Dear indigenous of English,
You NO unstand.
it is often the case, that i do contemplate, the degree of cockiness, that i should exhibit myself. if showing-off too much, i then beget revulsion. if i show not enough, then i'm not man enough. therefore i trounce, when being pressed, on the delicate balance, that i might have trashed. now you understand, 'tis not my loftiness, but my frailties, that you should endorse. on the other hand, with regards to the universe, my name is Xah Lee, and i'm still matchless. — Xah Lee, 2004
For latest vagaries, Disorder of a Man of Letters — Xah's Belles-lettres, please you subscribe of it.
- The Writing Style of Xah Lee
- English Writing: to An or Not to An
- On “I” versus “i” (capitalization of first person pronoun)
- On the Postposition of Conjunction in Penultimate Position of a Sequence
- The Meddling of the English Plurality on Meaning
- Tenses in English
- The Meddling of English Article with Meaning
- What's Passive Voice? What's Aggressive Voice?
- The Harm of Active Voice in Online Dating
- A Philosophy of Writing Style: a Guide on Say and Express
- an Explication and Explanation
- On Speed Reading
- (today's) “To Do”
- Writing Honesty
- Writing: Elements of Style in English
- Art of Translation
- Poynter Institute, Language Log, Grammar
The Ethology of Jargons, Chantable Phrases, Obfuscations
- On Chantable Phraseology
- Tom Cruise, 1984, NewSpeak, and the Language of Scientology
- Erik Naggum and the Phrase RIP
Phonetics, Symbols, Typography
- The Moronicities of Typography: Hyphen, Dash, Quotation Marks, Apostrophe
- English Writing Style: Oxford Comma and Strippers
- English Phonetics: IPA vs American Heritage Dictionary vs Merriam-Webster
- Accent Marks: Trema, Umlaut, Macron, Circumflex
- China Dollar Bill Multi-Lingual
Etymology, a pit of history.
- etymology of analyze
- English: Etymology of Medieval
- Etymology of Shot, Screenshot
- English: Etymology of Science
- Etymology of Sinister and Dexterity
- Etymology of Flamingo and Flamboyant
- Etymology of Parenthesis and Bracket
- Etymology of Execute
- Etymology of Rocket, Spinster's Staff!
- Flour Was Flower, Because It's Finest Part of Meal!
- English: Ostentatious, Spurious, but Uranian!
- English: I'm a sybarite with lots fripperies!
- An Etymology Rhapsody on Spiracle
- English: Etymology of Tits
- English: the Etymology of Blurb
- English: Etymology of Blasphemy
- English: Blonde vs Blond
- Tyke, Imp, Waif, and Les Misérables
- What's Belles-lettres
- Foodie — What a Effing Word
- English: Etymology of “label” and “legend”
- Etymology of Drum, Disk, Cylinder
- Definition of Fascism, But is it Left-Wing or Right-Wing?
- Etymology of Provincial and Insular
- Intro to Chinese Punctuation
- How to Tell the Difference Between Chinese, Japanese, Korean?
- The Musical Qualities of Languages 📺
more random stuff
- The Story of the Tower of Babel, Or, How Ancient People Regards Languages
- Real Character Pasigraphy
- The Tyranny of Twit Writing: Facebook Twitter Char Limits and SMS Abbrevs
- A Dialogue Between Men of Letters: “Lots” of “Fun”!
- English Writing Style: on The Second Objection to Lots of Fun
- A Interloper in alt.usage.english Theater
- Writing Style: Logic vs Phraseme
- Logic Writing Style: the Incongruousness of the Word “Actually”
- Swearing in Writing
- Epiphany in a Dream: Seat as Inverted Ass
- Quora's Future
- Allograph, Variant of the Letter s = ſ and Integral Sign ∫
- Easy Ways to Remember Latitude and Longitude and Their Order
- The Tempest
- Literature: Metaphysical Conceit vs Shakespeare Sonnet 130
- Hendiatris as Rule of Three? and the Crumbling of Linguistica Logica
- Poetry: Brevity of a Woman's Life: To His Coy Mistress
- Emily Dickinson's Poems
- 木蘭辭 (Mulan Ballad)
- Taiping Rebellion Poem: Kill the Vicious and Keep the Righteous Poem
- Xah Lee's poetry