Language ＆ English
Dear indigenous of English,
You NO unstand.
that i do contemplate,
the degree of cockiness,
that i should exhibit myself.
if showing-off too much,
i then beget revulsion.
if i show not enough,
then i'm not man enough.
therefore i trounce,
when being pressed,
on the delicate balance,
that i might have trashed.
now you understand,
'tis not my loftiness,
but my frailties,
that you should endorse.
on the other hand,
with regard to the universe,
my name is Xah Lee,
and i'm still matchless.
— Xah Lee, 2004
For latest vagaries, Disorder of a Man of Letters — Xah's Belles-lettres, please you subscribe of it.
- Writing Style: Logic vs Phraseme
- Logic Writing Style: the Incongruousness of the Word “Actually”
- Swearing in Writing
- The Tyranny of Twit Writing: Facebook Twitter Char Limits ＆ SMS Abbrevs
- A Dialog Between Men of Letters
- English Writing Style: on The Second Objection to Lots of Fun
- A Interloper in alt.usage.english Theater
- Allograph, Variant of the Letter s = ſ and Integral Sign ∫
- Latitude, Longitude, Meridian, Knots
- Epiphany in a Dream: Seat as Inverted Ass
- Lost in Translation: Madame White Snake; 小青姨……你妈是白娘子吗…
- Etymology of Flamingo ＆ Flamboyant
- English: Etymology of Execute
- English: Etymology of Rocket, and Rocket (火箭) in Chinese
- English: Etymology of Flour
- Ostentatious, Spurious, but Uranian!
- Sybarite, Frippery
- A Etymology Rhapsody on Spiracle
- English: Etymology of Tits
- English: the Etymology of Blurb
- English: Etymology of Blasphemy
- English: Blonde vs Blond
- Tyke, Imp, Waif
- What's Belles-lettres
- Foodie — What a Effing Word
Essay Fodder; misc
- Poetry: Brevity of a Woman's Life: To His Coy Mistress
- Emily Dickinson's Poems
- 木蘭辭 (Mulan Ballad)
- Taiping Rebellion Poem: Kill the Vicious and Keep the Righteous Poem
- Literature: Metaphysical Conceit vs Shakespeare Sonnet 130
- Xah Lee's poetry
A collection of ≈150 song lyrics and commentary. In particular, Chinese lyrics are translated, and English lyrics are analyzed with attention to the language, as armchair anthropology.