Xah's lojban Tutorial
Lojban is a artificial language based on logic. It is a constructed language designed to remove syntax-level ambiguity that are in natural languages.
- Lojban has a precise grammar spec.
- Lojban reads as is written.
- Lojban is simple and regular.
Lojban attempts to enhance logical thinking and efficient communication by providing a protocol of human communication (i.e. language), using modern knowledge as the basis in its design. The real practical value of lojban, is as a study of the semantics of human communication.
Lojban A Word A Day + 中文 with voice recordings
- Lojban A Word A Day + 中文
Brief Introduction to Lojban (in the works)
Lojban Word List
Below is the core word list grouped them into categories. (the grouping is informal as a by-product of learning, and is not absolute or correct or complete in anyway.)
- food (bread, butter, milk, wine)
- body parts (eyes, breasts, legs…)
- things (nouns, mostly)
- iron, gold, plastic, lead, hydrogen…
- opposites (big/small, old/new)
- verbs (run, walk, carry, hit, …)
- time, have, current, confused
- plants (tree, flower, rose…)
- animals (cat, dog, elephant…)
- clothing (hat, coat, socks, undies…)
- family (dad, mom, sis, nieces, wife, daughter …)
- cultural group (Asian, Greek, Canadian…)
- color (black white red…)
- math/number (1 2 3 infinity…)
- cmavo (sentence constructors)
- pro-sumti words (pronouns)
- miscellaneous/unsorted (the rest not sorted yet)
Complete core word list: gismu_lean.txt; and Complete cmavo list, very good for reference: cmavo2.html
[In the Land of Invented Languages: Adventures in Linguistic Creativity, Madness, and Genius By Arika Okrent. Buy at amazon ]